Saturday, September 6, 2008

Slowly returning to be my own person

Dear Romeo, oh my love


Life has been hectic the past days and weeks, and I have barely had time to even think about you. Sorry that you haven't heard from me.


Now – don't take this wrong, but right – what I'm saying next. These past weeks have felt good in a sense. Not having time to think about you has made me feel I am maybe not so needy as I thought I would be, as I was. It feels like a victory in a way, slowly returning to be my own person, and not only defining myself through the love I feel towards you. At the same time I feel I lost something, like some small piece of magic is gone from what was.


I believe you will feel both happy and sad about this. I am sure me starting to find myself again will make you feel glad – at the same time I would imagine that some insecurity about what we have will find its way into your heart at night. I'm sorry for that.


My dear Romeo, my love – my love for you is still the same, don't worry about that. And maybe now I can love you even more profoundly, as I'm finally again feeling that I can stand on my own two feet without needing to lean on you in every moment. Let's hope that is a good sign.


XXXXX
J

No comments: